Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Magic School Bus


Someone gave my kids a copy of The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body.  I've read it many times since we brought it home.  Surprisingly, this is one of the few things that can distract us from princesses AND Thomas. 

We then went to the library, and found four more science adventures - including a journey to the waterworks.

I really would have thought the books were too "old" for them, but they seem to be exactly the right level.  I highly recommend them to anyone with children who ask a lot of questions.  At the back of the books, they even explain all the things that are real, and which are imaginary.

PS.  There was a short lived PBS series with them as well.  The film quality isn't that great, but my kids loved the clips on youtube as well.

2 comments:

jana said...

Hands down, this is my kids' all-time fav show (with "Bill Nye the Science Guy" a close second). But it is pretty much the only TV they ever saw when they were kids (we had a VHS hookup for our computer when they were little & got the vids from the library & bought a few of our favs, too).

C. L. Hanson said...

My kids love that one!!!

Lately Nico has decided that he loves studying the human body more than he loves astronomy, and that was the movie that started it all! :D