Monday, August 10, 2009

Constant Learning

I'm not sure how the association started, that learning happened only by teachers in schools.

It doesn't, and learning can be a life long process. I think back to the presidents (to name a few) and other historical figures who were self- taught. People can learn new things and new ways of being.

It's not often that someone will actually admit to learning something new. But I did the other day.

I was watching the show survivorman - a wilderness expert tries to survive in desolate areas with limited resources. Anyway, this adventure was in Labrador.

I had never heard of Labrador before (Obviously I also didn't take geography during my school years). I had heard of Labrador Retrievers (a dog breed), but never associated them with a place.

It's true, you can learn something new every day.

No comments: