To do list (i.e. “the rules”):
1. Mention the person who tagged me. (hi Relish!)
2. Complete the list of 8’s.
3. Tag 8 bloggers & tell them I tagged them. (I refuse to tag anyone as usual but please feel free to tag yourself!)
Eight things I am looking forward to:
1. My daughter going to the museum with friends without my son.
2. Reading the next two Kage Baker books, the final Wheel of Time book and watching the new Harry Potter movie.
3. Visiting my friend The North Node this summer.
4. Fresh Tomatoes and Herbs from the garden.
5. The next bonfire in the backyard.
6. Taking a nap
7. Knitting my next scarf or cross -stitch
8. My next pilates class.
Eight things I did yesterday:
1. Went to the farmer's market with my daughter and bought cheese and tomatoes
2. Watched "The Secret Life of Bees", sad movie, good - closely follows the book. If you liked "The Color Purple" or "Beloved", you might appreciate this movie. The acting is not as good as "The Color Purple", however.
3. Drank a couple of glasses of good merlot.
4. Took a nap.
5. Read more of "Bel Canto" (by Ann Patchett)
6. Attempted to make "pan-seared oatmeal" which was not NEARLY as easy as the recipe and photo implied
7. Planted cilantro and cut back the oregano (which is over-grown again this year)
8. Went out to eat with my in laws.
Eight things I wish I could do:
1. Remember to let go.
2. Ask for help when I need it.
3. Visit or invite over lots of friends that I haven't seen in a long time
4. Plan/afford a local casino weekend trip with my dh without the kids.
5. Practice piano.
6. Stop taking people on the internet seriously. Stop taking people seriously.
7. Find time to watch the final season of "Six Feet Under" - it's on my list!
8. Replace the seat and tires on my bike!
Eight shows I watch:
1. The Closer
2. Burn Notice
3. Battlestar Galactica (which is now over, sadly)
4. The Soup
5. Ace of Cakes
6. Whatever Martha
7. Mystery on pbs
8. 30 Rock
Eight favorite fruits:
6. Blueberries (the taste has grown on me over the years)
8. tomatoes (try explaining this to a four year old! I dare you!)
Eight places I’d like to travel:
2. Western Canada (hey, Eastern Canada too!)
7. Arizona/New Mexico (I know it's lame, I've never been)
Eight places I’ve lived/visited:
7. Utah (we moved around A LOT when I was younger)
8. Canada (never lived, just visited)