Friday, April 10, 2009

College Memories

On a social networking site, a friend posted a note about favorite memories from college. One might think, given some of my rants here that I might not miss college, but strangely enough I do.

This was my response.

16. What is one of your fondest memories?
Hmph. I have so many, it's hard to start anywhere. I miss having daily or weekly conversations with so many people.

There were a handful of things I didn't love, but there was a ton that I miss on a regular basis. I miss the library. I miss the on campus coffee house. I miss dying fabric and walking everywhere. I miss waitressing and my husband's fraternity house. I miss my old apartment and specific people I lived with in that apartment (the subtext is that there are people I lived with whom I don't miss).

Most disturbing of all, I think I actually miss the computer lab(s).

Yeah. I think it's safe to say that I miss parts of my college experience.

1 comment:

Freckle Face Girl said...

I am with you on that one... I miss parts of college. Although, I think I would have liked it a lot more if I hadn't been at BYU.

I would also like to say that walking everywhere was wonderful. Amazing, isn't it? A some point in my life, I would like to live in a place like London where it is easier/more common.