Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Love that snow

One of the best parts of living with three year olds is the immense joy they have in just about everything. Going to the store? Yay!! Grandma and Grandpa are coming over? Yay!!

I've mentioned this before about laundry and going to school- and as many things that change between the ages of two and three - this is one of the things that has not changed. My kids are still as upbeat and enthusiastic as ever.

As with most of the country, it's cold and there is a ton of snow and ice everywhere. For adults, winter storms strike fear in their hearts. Particularly for older people who worry about falling on the ice. Others dread shoveling snow. I've mentioned this attitude before, in December no less - here. It has taken me three hours to drive home from work before (a 20 minute drive). It's no fun.

But my two - they love this weather. They love the snow pants, boots and mittens. Last night as we were going to the gym - they ran around on the snow and ice. They try to taste the snow. They love the crunching sound their boots make. They even seem to be fascinated watching me scrape the ice from the windshield.

Living with little ones - it's easier to not be so jaded. It's nice to be constantly reminded that a negative outlook is not the only perspective.

3 comments:

Freckle Face Girl said...

Oh, that is so true.

Rebecca said...

That reminds me of the movie Knocked Up when Paul Rudd's character says something like, "I wish I liked anything as much as my kids like bubbles."

Aerin said...

Thanks FFG!

Rebecca - I still haven't seen that movie - but it's on my list. Funny how the simplest things are the most entertaining to little ones.