Sunday, May 5, 2013

New job update

white tulip 2013
Friends, my new job is going well.  It was intensely overwhelming the first week - but each day it's becoming more manageable.  I just don't have a great deal of free time. 

This is a good thing.

Perhaps (as one friend observed) I'm still in the honeymoon phase.  But I'm struck that I should have done this a long time ago.  I didn't, and there were specific reasons for not leaving.  I also find I am being overly negative about my former job.  But I recognize that as well, and also recognize that it's not who I want to be.  While I wasn't responsible for everything there, I am responsible for my choices and actions.  I chose to stay in a situation that was not ideal.

I know the honeymoon won't last.  It's always nice to realize that I had the right take on the situation for me, that I made the right decision for me.  

2 comments:

C. L. Hanson said...

Congrats -- glad to hear the new job is going well!!

Freckle Face Girl said...

New jobs are so fun! Just enjoy it & don't worry about getting out of the honeymoon phase. The best times in a job is the first 3 to 6 months and the last 2 weeks.

Somehow, I have managed to last 11 years with the same company. I believe it is always good to update your resume and check out your options every year or two. I continue to do that, but the working from home part keeps me with them for the time being.