Friday, January 14, 2011

No Skinny Jeans for Me

I remember being in middle school (the last time skinny jeans were popular) and thinking that bell bottom jeans would never come back in style.  I was wrong.  It took around ten years, but they came back. 

I was going to post a photo of skinny jeans (with zippers) that I saw for sale the other day.  I recommend searching google images for that to see what I'm referring to. 

Along with wearing very tight jeans, we also used to "french roll" our jeans - which, believe it or not, has it's own wikipedia page.  Who knew??

Anyway, I know this trend came back in around four years ago.  But I'm a mom, and I'm in my thirties.  That's my excuse. 

Like most Americans, I could stand to lose 10 - 20 pounds.  But losing weight isn't a big goal for me at the moment.  Eating healthy and working out is important.  That's my goal, not my weight on the scale.  I am pretty happy with my size.

Without question, however, skinny jeans are not flattering for me.  I tried on a few pairs the other day - different styles to see if perhaps there was something that might work.  Nope. 

So this is a fashion trend I'm going to sit on the sidelines for.  Eventually jeans that flatter my shape will come back in style.  I'm not completely stuck in the early eighties - there are parts of my wardrobe that I will update.  I will leave the skinny jeans to people who can pull them off. 

2 comments:

Freckle Face Girl said...

Haha! I'm right there with you. I remember telling my mom that I would NEVER wear bellbottom jeans. She just laughed & told me that I would when they came back in style. That was true.

I can honestly say that I can't see myself wearing skinny jeans again though. I know they make me look like an ice cream cone. I was happy this weekend to see lots of wide-leg trousers at Express and other stores.

Stella said...

skinny jeans can burn in hell.


oh, sorry, was that too bold.


I like denim though, for the most part :)