Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Groundhog Day

There is a lot about the movie Groundhog day the resonates with me.  In particular, doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results.

In the movie, of course, the main character is doing the same thing over and over because he has to.  He's trapped reliving the same day.

I love the final scene in the movie - where he wakes up and it's a new day.  And the beauty of walking out into the new snow.

I believe strongly that life can be like this.  People can get trapped in doing the same thing over and over (I can get trapped) - but I can also choose to make changes.  People can, indeed change.  

No matter what their age or circumstances. 

I have (personally) been going back through and cleaning up some stuff.  Stuff that I will own - where I made mistakes.  It's a pretty powerful process, and throughout it I am reminded of that scene in Groundhog Day.  Today is the day that I get to start fresh with some of my relationships. The freedom is a little daunting - but I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Freckle Face Girl said...

Good for you! We all need to do that. Sometimes I think I tend to have the opposite problem. A friend was telling me that she often finds herself stuck in a huge rut. I have such a solid reputation for making huge changes in my life that perhaps, I just jump from rut to rut to rut. When do I stop feeling proud that at least I am not in the same rut and realize that I need to stop jumping into new ones so quickly?