Monday, September 22, 2008

Unknown vine

The woman who owned this house before us was an obvious gardener. There are many varieties of lillies and other surprises throughout the backyard. Just recently, we discovered raspberries on one side of the house.

I have researched it - this vine is NOT kudzu. Thank goodness.




This one is a little blurry - I'm still working on the flower photography!


It is pretty and smells wonderful. It has taken over the fence on two sides of our yard. It is dormant throughout the winter, but turns green in springtime. It flowers in August.

I looked at clematis and jasmine. I don't think it fits either of those species. For the time being, I'll just appreciate its maintenance free beauty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most definitely not climatis. I'm not familiar enough with jasmine to comment.

What about honeysuckle? I know that's viney....

I wish our yard had a gardner previous to us.

SN

Freckle Face Girl said...

Whatever it is, it is beautiful.