Sunday, February 20, 2011

Spring cleaning

Spring is over a month away.  But I have already started the process of slowly cleaning and organizing.

It's not one of my strong suits, and some days I am more at peace with that than others. 

I understand that spring cleaning traditionally meant taking your rugs and blankets outside to have the dust beat out of them.  This is a photo of a carpet beater from wikipedia.

For me, I find sitting inside the house, not doing much to be the perfect time to re-arrange a closet.  I guess the bug has bitten me this year.  Trying to let go of old clothes,  old tapes - lots of trips to donation centers and recycling areas.  Also, thoughts about additional organizing buckets and accessories. 

I realize it's a process - that may never be complete.  If anyone has any ideas about how to encourage children to part with toys that they never play with any longer, I'm all ears.  So far, the only thing that has been remotely successful is trying to sell said toys, and giving them the money.

1 comment:

Freckle Face Girl said...

For me, it seems like spring cleaning happens every time I move, which is entirely too often. I am excited about the thought of living somewhere long enough to try it the traditional way. Good for you!