Monday, April 21, 2008

Joe* did it

Joe is a little boy in Goose and Noggin's preschool class (Goose and Noggin, my boy/girl twins, about to turn three).

I guess he must get into a great deal of trouble.

Somehow though he ends up on the losing end of things around our house that go wrong. Is the toy train missing, or a shoe? Was sand spilled outside the sandbox? Funny, how Joe has never actually been to our home, but still is the cause of all these occurrences.

We were walking around the block the other day when we saw further evidence of Joe's far reaching abilities. If you haven't had the joy of walking around the block with two very independent two yearolds , you are missing out.

It is not for the faint of heart - or for someone who wants to get to their destination quickly.

Both of my children were determined to stop and pick up rocks in a driveway, then sticks. At one point, near the end, they wanted to take plastic flowers out of someone's flower bed (no, I don't know why they had plastic flowers in their flower bed either, thankfully, I didn't have to explain that). I had to explain - that's not our yard - we only go in other people's yards if they invite us in.

Needless to say, there was a water main cover (it's a metal cover, around 8 inches in diameter) missing in the sidewalk. Noggin squatted down to take a look at it, and drop a rock or two in the small hole. Then he proclaimed "Joe took it".

That Joe! What a gifted child to get into so many things in so many different places!

*names changed to protect the innocent.

1 comment:

Freckle Face Girl said...

Poor Joe - so funny! I just came back from a walk with my toddler & baby. Although I don't have to deal with 2 toddlers, I can imagine trials you face.