Saturday, February 23, 2008

Nearest book to my PC

My cousin chanson was recently tagged by this meme. I typically don't do memes - but this one I couldn't resist!

I too was tempted to cheat. But I did not.

1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating!
2. Find page 123
3. Find the first 5 sentences
4. Post the next 3 sentences
5. Tag 5 people

"Remember, the baby is not 'sick' and you are not doomed to this existence for the rest of your life. Ask a grandmother to come over during a really colicky time to provide those loving arms so you and your mate can go for a drive or walk together to put things into perspective. It's not the baby in particular or parenting in general that is making your life hell; it's just a little problem with her wiring, or whatever, that's messing with you."



This is from Vicki Iovine's The Girlfriend's Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood. This is from chapter seven "I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink".

And as a note, it's too bad that Beatrix Potter books don't count (less than 123 pages) because "The Story of a Fierce Bad Rabbit" is technically closer to my pc currently. We have books all over the house, but I have most of my parenting/baby books here in the computer room.

I don't think there's a reason why.

As for tagging other people, well, I even more rarely tag anyone. (So feel free to consider yourself tagged).

But, I would be interested to find out what books are closest to my friends north node and new rambler. If they feel like playing along.

No comments: