Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Happy New Year a.k.a Happy Back to Work Day

I had lofty goals of blogging during the holiday - to no avail.

My parents and some of my siblings traveled to see us the weekend before Christmas. We had a good time. The babies had lots of fun with their grandparents, aunts and uncle. The only sour note to the entire time was that the propane for the turkey fryer went out. Luckily, dinner was on Saturday and a hardware store was open. So dinner was a bit later than we initially anticipated. All in all, it was a good visit - although short.

We had a very relaxing holiday. I had a great time spending so much time with my kids and husband. But I have to say, I'm a bit relieved to be back at work. On the way into work today, I had theme songs from Blue's Clues and Dora the Explorer running through my head. I swear we didn't even watch that much television. We went to the Children's Museum locally and the park almost every day.

Chasing after two 19 month olds can get exhausting. Unfortunately, our home computer is not in a child proof room. And my exceptionally bright kids have figured out that banging on the keyboard is lots of fun! It's partially my own fault for taking them to the library (where they have kid-sized computers) and for letting them navigate to the noggin website a few times when they were in the computer room.

Although they are not speaking in sentences yet, they are definitely watching what mom and dad are doing. The theory is, if Mom and Dad can do it, they should be able to as well. The struggle for the real remote was an early indication of this trend. The real remote should not be confused with the fake remotes (to random stereos or video game systems). The fake remotes will be noted quickly. Also sought after is the video game controller. The actual video game controller that Dad is holding and trying to get to a save point with, not an inactive imposter (controller b).

The babies are definitely developing their own personalities, and letting us know when they don't get what they want.

I also stayed out until 3 in the morning on Sunday night/Monday morning. That's a first since the babies were born. My in laws (thank goodness) were watching them at their home. I was dragging yesterday - not too hungover - just tired. I had prepared by drinking lots of chai and diet coke new year's eve before and during the party.

All in all, it was a good, peaceful holiday.

No comments: